Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Muay Thai

For those who know me, this may or may not come as a surprise. I don't think many individuals view me as someone who could actually harm another human being, but I'm sure others know I'm always off on some crazy new adventure. So here's my new adventure. My friend, Anderson, and I have been working out pretty religiously the past couple weeks (he was actually training me as a part of a Belmont program, and we've been working out since). We started talking one day about new things to try for our training, and martial arts came up. We've never had any real experience in the matter, but it's never to late to start, right?

So we researched around and found a gym today that can teach us Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu. There's also a full weight area and obscure training gear (tires, ropes, sledgehammers, the manly stuff), and it all seems right up our alley. We have a private lesson, then a trial month coming up next week, so wish us luck! I've had other friends who had black belts in karate and various disciplines, and I want to be one, too. I figure with unlimited classes per week (anywhere between 4 and 8 I could actually make) and three and half years to go at Belmont, I may have a shot at it.

No comments: