Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Already behind

I know I said I was going to shoot for once a week on the blog posting. That hasn't worked out too well, now has it? I feel like I'm super busy lately, though I catch myself goofing off or playing video games when I should be practicing some sort of musical instrument. I think that's been the hardest thing about being in a dorm. It is impossible to make myself play guitar, drums, or piano (my roommate has an electric piano, and I have my little Roland kit), and I can tell that I'm probably already starting the lose some of my talents and skills. I've been surrounded with science all semester. Don't get me wrong, it has been phenomenal, but I need an outlet now and then.

I hope that this blog can help rekindle my creative desires.

But back to the actual "blog" part of this.

I find it odd and increasingly arduous driving around here. Now, I love driving, and I love driving in the city. But when compared to small town driving (as is where I'm from), distances and times don't match up when driving here in Nashville. Back home, a twenty minute drive means about 18 miles distance to cover. Here, a twenty minute drive is more like 4 miles. It's fun to ponder, but it seems like an impossibility that only a wormhole can explain. Now is the time that I need my bicycle on campus with me.

No comments: