Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer doesn't require much mental exertion

Which is exactly why I'm writing today. The extent of my learning this summer has included listening to a book on tape and reading Men's Health Magazine. There's the occasional music instrument, but that's not the side of the brain I need to focus on. I realize that once school starts into swing, I'm going to be swamped. It'll take a few good weeks for me to get back in the habit of... what, thinking?

Summer's getting full, and I'm about to be done. I've got a few music teaching gigs, and hopefully a road trip of two with friends and/or family. I love the open road. The nomad in me likes to get ramblin' on. I often go back to thinking of my desire to be a lumberjack. It'd keep me active, to say the least.

I want to live outdoors.

My head is a little erratic today. (I say it every time but) I'm going to try and stay dedicated to writing. Maybe I'll be able to organize my thoughts a little better after a week r two. Wish me luck.

No comments: